We are now 6 hours into our 27 mandatory hours and it's been ok. We got a ginormous binder with every rule and regulation you can imagine. It's kind of freaked John out a bit. Which I must say, drives me a little crazy. Having been through 2 international adoptions, you would think, this would be no big deal....ah...yes...but then I remember that I am the one who did every scrap of paperwork for both adoptions, made all the appointments etc, etc. If it were up to John...I think we would still be working on paperwork for our daughter (who came home in 2005)...or it would have been abandoned altogether. While this is not a comment on his lack of paper organization, it's just saying that we work best, when I do the paperwork and tell him when to show up. For him to sit through hours of foster classes...it's not his favorite thing to do so far (though they do feed us dinner and his comment yesterday was, "well-at least the food's pretty good.")
It's opened up a lot of conversation. As foster parents you have the option to foster kids of all ages or of specific ages and genders. We have decided that we will foster kids 0-24 months and the gender debate is ongoing. I'm not sure where that will end up.
For those of you who don't know, we are hoping to expand our family through Fost/adopt. At some point I can see us just fostering, but right now our goal is to expand our family and give a home to a child that needs a home....or children...we haven't decided yet and will go where the Lord leads.
Our "first" homestudy will be this next Tuesday. In reality it's homestudy #11 since 2004. With all of the international requirements, we have walked this road...um...just a couple of times before ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment