Sunday, February 22, 2009

Adopt or Foster or Both or Neither?

This too is originally from the Mooncakes blog. You can see that even last week (2/19/09), we were struggling with what way to go...notice I said not in 2009....God has other plans I guess ;-)

Welllll....I'm going back to a recent post about adoption/foster care.

It has been decided that yes, while we would love to foster children, right now, for our family. This is not the time. Adam and Avi are still pretty little and the potential of having children in and out of our home doesn't sit well with us right now. If in 10 years you are still following the Mooncakes...we may have Foster Children in our home, but not in 2009.

HOWEVER this does NOT mean I'm not praying for a baby to come into our lives. We are trying to figure out how to do this without going into a lot of debt. I got a call today from an agency whom I had contacted in January who asked if we were homestudy ready yet because right now they have an abundance of babies and not enough families (WHAT?!) Still not understanding the details on how that works out...but that's this agencies situation.

John and I are spending time praying and talking about the logistics of how to finance another adoption. We could use your prayers too. There are a lot of options out there. We are waiting on paperwork from this agency. She said they sent it in January...but I never got it so...?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment