It has recently come up again...several times since Christmas. In January I called our social worker whom we used for our past 2 adoptions and got the paperwork to get us started in the process. I started filling it out and then stopped and started and stopped. We talked, we prayed, we talked (ok I talked) about it to everyone, spoke with other Foster parents and stopped the process. I told God I needed a sign and that I needed John to make the decision.
This Friday at church (yes we go to Friday church...makes it easier to sleep in on Sunday...) They were recruiting people for Royal Family Kids Camp. It's a camp that is specifically for Foster Children. Each counselor has 2 kids, plus all the support staff makes the adult/child ratio more than 1:1. While John and I can't be counselors for the week (we do have other kids at home...) we thought we could help out before hand or a couple of evenings during the week after John gets off work. So, after service we hit up the "information table" and met a woman and her husband who have Fostered for 5 years. They just finished up the adoption proceedings for their 4 year old. We had a great talk with them and I think I made a new friend in her...for sure a mentor type if nothing else. They were able to answer our questions and address our concerns, AND as it turns out she teaches the classes that potential Foster parents must attend to get licensed!
After we got home we talked and talked some more about it and John said...he thought we should do it. So I got my "sign" at church and John making the decision...which after my "sign" I agree with whole heartedly.
This week the paperwork gets turned in and we will see what happens next!




No comments:
Post a Comment