Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Questionnaire

The Foster paperwork included questionnaire's for each child. The results...nothing short of awesome. Each child had to do one (I obviously had to fill out the Mooncakes' answers, but these are their replies.) I've skipped some questions ...otherwise you would be reading all day!


1: Describe what you look like.
C boy(18) Brown hair, brown eyes, 187, 5'10" (his commentary...these questions are dumb!)
A girl(16) I have long brunette hair, am of normal height for my age, am white with a tannish glow (again...her own words) I have long arms and legs and I have an oval birthmark on my right leg.
A boy(4.5) my hair is black...I'm Chinese!
A girl(4.5) I look like a beautiful Cinder*ella and also like a starfish (?)

2: What do you like about school?
C: Meeting new people.
A: I like the school spirit, academic and extra-curricular activities and the nice faculty.

3: What do you dislike about school?
C: How long you have to stay there.
A: The hours, the tardy/absence rules, the money cuts and the classes that are disappearing and also some teachers methods of teaching. (this child also listens to a lot of NPR and is obviously listening to the "adult" dinner conversation...)

4: What do you like to do?
C: hand out with friends and family and be outside.
A: Dance, listen to music, participate in theater, ride my bike and be with my friends.
A: I like play*dough and paint.
A: I like to dress up in my tights and Cinder*ella clothes, I like to dance and paint.

5: What do your parents to do show they love you?
C: tell me they love me, hang out with me and listen to me. (aww...love this kid!)
A: Help me with school, give me boundaries (always must have the perfect answer this kid..) support my decisions-most of the time...(LOL...had to laugh on that one)
A: hugs and high fives
A: Mama and Papa dance with me and give nice hugs.

6: What are the rules of your home?
C: COMMUNICATE!
A: I have a limit on phone time, can't stay out past 10, have to ask to get on the computer, can't have a boyfriend, can't sleep in past 9 on the weekends, have to do my chores and can't wear inappropriate clothes to school or in public (gosh dang it...aren't we SO mean?!)
A: Share toys
A: Be nice and pick up toys.

7: What happens if you get into trouble?
C: I get grounded.
A: I have to go to bed at 9 if I miss the bus, I get my clothes picked out for me if I wear something inappropriate, no phone-computer-music, no getting a ride from my brother to my Mom's house, extra chores (again...SO mean!)
A: I have to go to the Uh-oh chair.
A: Uh-oh chair.

8: How do you feel about adding more children to the family and Foster Care?
C: My parents are really good with kids and I support them 100%.
A: Our family is shrinking because my brothers are moving out, so we have more room for kids. Foster Care is an excellent way to find loving homes and I feel ours would provide a good home for any whild that needs a family. (How sweet is that?!)
A: I want a BIG baby!
A: I want a baby from China and I would feed it a bottle.

I actually photo copied these before I turned them in with the rest of our paperwork this week...they will get added to their scrapbook/photo albums.
Blessed to have such great kids :)

1 comment:

  1. What great answers! Especially from the 16 year old! And I love that Avi says she is a beautiful starfish! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete